Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My favorite verse

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

This is my absolute favorite verse. I picked it up after about 2 years of reading Karen Kingsbury books pretty much exclusively. This seems to be a constant throughout all of her wonderful books, or maybe it is just the Baxter series.

Over the last couple of years, when I remember this verse it brings me an incredible amount of peace. I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you. When life feels overwhelming or scary I remember this and it helps me to relax. It helps me to test my faith in God. Not to say I never get stressed or worry, but this can pull me back to the reality of a life with God in it.

How about you? Do you have a favorite verse?

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I have been living with this passage for so long. It is such a good reminder of who is in control and it takes away much anxiety when you are in the trenches of life.

Busybugz said...

Thanks for sharing. Yes, that is a powerful verse and I'm so encouraged to read it today as I needed it. Thank you. Mine happens to be Psalm 23 on the Lord being our Shepherd. It's just very calming for me. I also rely a lot of Phil 4:6 : Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.