Monday, November 3, 2008

First Communion and 17 years

Josh had his first communion yesterday. What a special moment. He had his last class about 2 weeks ago and the pastor gave them a taste of the wine and wafer that is served at communion. He told me he didn't like the wine and I told him that when he is taking it for communion it doesn't taste bad and that nothing bad comes from God. Well, that didn't go over so well. There we sit, actually kneeling at the communion rail, between John and I and he takes a sip of the wine and stops and I whisper "finish it Josh" and so he takes a tiny sip and I tell him "Josh 1 big gulp and you'll be done" and he so he does and he gets this bitter look on his face. It made me giggle.

We had John's family over for lunch afterwards, they came about 11:15 and didn't leave until almost 4. I was so disappointed. It was our first Sunday off from football in 2 months and everyone just stayed. John was starting to get over a cold or something and I had gotten a sore throat that morning so neither of us were feeling good and everyone just stayed. It was our 17th anniversary and we didn't get to do anything. This was only the third time in 17 years that we didn't go away for our anniversary and we felt the let down. Oh well, I guess that is life.

So I wrote down on the attendance card, where it says those who communed today.... John, Marlayna, Luke and Josh. Wow!

No comments: