Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Great is thy faithfulness

I just finished this wonderful book. I know it was a book, Karen Kingsbury has a way of bringing her stories to life. I just finished When Joy Came to Stay. If you have yet to read it, I will try not to spoil anything for you.

The story was about a little girl, 7 years old, raised in the foster care system. At one point in the story she was kidnapped and she kept telling her kidnapper that she was praying for him, she remember someone telling her that it is hard for people to be mean when you tell them you are praying for them, she was humming Jesus Loves Me and she told her captor that Jesus loved him.

What a wise little girl to have this understanding about faith in God's love for her, that whatever God's plan for her, she was not afraid. Again, I know this was just a story, but it stirred things in me. These are things in my life that I am just learning and believing and trying to live. These feelings bring peace and take away fear. Now it is just a matter of remembering this when you are in the middle of chaos and tension and stress. But it is getting easier and easier for me.

So if you like to read I strongly recommend you look in to Karen Kingsbury's extensive book list. I think I am almost caught up on everything she has written, I think I have 4-6 books left that must be older because I can't find them in the stores. Karen's books have helped my walk with building a relationship with God. When Joy Came to Stay would be an excellent place for you to start.

No comments: