Sunday, November 23, 2008

Seek the Lord Sunday




"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done." Psalm 105:1



I don't get the time, actually I am going to rephrase this.... I actually have not taken the time to participate in this, so many blogs that I read have spoken to me through their writer's and I don't feel that I have anything to share. Tonight I actually came to my blog to write about something that happened today and decided to go visit a blog I read regularly, the author of Seek the Lord Sunday http://www.calledblessed.com/ to thank her for a breast-feeding bracelet she made for my cousin. That story will come after my first story. Anyway, I saw Daquiri's topic for STLS today and felt it so appropriate.

My son Josh is working on an achievement for his cub scouts, a Religious knot. About 5 other boys were working on this with him and I was in charge of ordering the medals and patch's, etc. There are two phases to this program and about 3 years ago when we did the first phase I had ordered these things for a bunch of boys and one boy's mother never paid me so I never gave him his medal, etc. I have run across these items many many times over the last 3 years and kept putting them one place or another knowing some day I would need them for the 2nd phase. Well now is the time when I need them and I spent some time last weekend looking through my office closet, quickly as I was sick and didn't have the energy to do more than that. Never found it. Went through every place in my office, over this last week, that I thought it could be. I could see these items in the little box so I knew exactly what I was looking for.... only I didn't find it.

Yesterday morning I prayed that I would find these lost items, please God show me where they are. So this weekend I decided to take every box out of my office closet and go through them all box by box, item by item and find it, it had to be here. Only it wasn't. I just resigned myself that I would have to purchase these medals again. Ok, so on to the other chores that needed to be done. I have been sick for exactly 3 weeks and my house is just a horrible mess, where to start? Can you believe I decided to take my mattress off my bed, take the bedskirt off and hem it? It has been ripped for forever, but really why in the world did I feel that I needed to do that today when there are so many things to be done in plain sight of unexpected visitors? Do you know why? Because as I was looking through my sewing box for a pair of scissors I found the medals and patches in my sewing box. Can you believe it? My first thought was.... WOW! I know that God's hands are all over this. This is all God because I only have a very, very vague memory of even putting them in there, why would I think that I would remember they were there. And I have been in that sewing box a dozen times in recent months and never remember seeing them.

So I called on the Lord's name, I am giving Him great Thanks and I am sharing with the nations the POWER OF PRAYER.

I praise myself on being the "Queen finder of lost things in my home" but really I need to give that praise to our Father who always assists me when I am in need of finding my lost item.

And just because I am so incredibly thankful and in great Awe of our Father in Heaven this wonderful Sunday November 23rd. I have to share some wonderful news! I have a very small family. It is me and my brother. My mom has 1 sister and she has 2 daughters. It is just us. My 2 cousins are the sweetest, most God-loving people, people-loving people I have ever met. These 2 sisters have had difficulty getting pregnant. Jennifir had her baby boy almost 3 years ago after 7 +/- years of trying and during that time her sister Jina had the same difficulties. My beautiful sweet cousin Jina, after also 7 +/- years had her baby girl on Saturday night November 22nd at 11:29 pm. This little girl was born to the most amazing mother and father, she will never want for Love, she is here for all of us, we all wanted her for Jina and Mike and now they have her. A beautiful healthy little Lyla Grace. Daquiri, if you read this, your bracelet arrived the day before she went into labor. YIPPEE. Anyway, I am in awe of God and his works and his plans and while all of these years we have all wondered why won't you give Jina and Mike a baby, what is your plan for them? Right now it really doesn't matter because His plan was for them to have Lyla and now that she is here that is so clear.

2 comments:

Daiquiri said...

It's so nice to have your participation this week...I loved seeing a picture of you after emailing back and forth all this time :)

I just love that we have a God who cares about the little things in our lives, don't you? To some it might seem that the Almightly is too big to help with something like finding lost stuff around the house - not me! I pray "Lord, you know where xyz is...help please!" all the time :)

So glad your cousin got her bracelet in time for the baby. Glad to hear that everything went well for her. Blessings to your sweet family.

Daiquiri

Becky Avella said...

I just stopped by from Daiquiri's site. I'm so happy God helped you find the missing medals. I agree with Daiquiri- I love when He shows us He cares about everything going on in our lives- when He shows us He is close and involved.

I had tears in my eyes as I read about Jina's new baby. My aunt and uncle waited 7 years for their miracle baby, my cousin Krista, who is now 15 years old. I remember how much I wanted that for them and how much we all felt like Krista was a gift to all of us. I also just had my own miracle baby in August.

Thanks for sharing such great news! : )