Monday, October 20, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 10/20/2008



Flor Today...

Outside my Window...A beautiful clear day! It is only going to be 82*! YIPPEE

I am thinking...I wish I could get a new clothes dryer.

From the learning rooms... Courtney needing to study harder on spelling and start her report on Monkey's today. And Josh needs to finish his California state project. We are running out of time.

I am thankful for... God working out our football/church issues. It seems like things are moving in the direction that maybe Josh will get to take his first communion with his class afterall.

From the kitchen... a big mess after a big weekend. Gotta go clean it.

I am wearing...denim capris and a purple shirt. No shoes. :)

I am reading... When Joy Came to Stay by Karen Kingsbury.

I am hoping... to get through this busy school project week and get everything turned in on time.

I am creating... a thought to make a table runner for my kitchen table. I am sick of the kids throwing the placemats all over the place and so my table always looks messy.

I am hearing... absolutely nothing! No dogs, cars, squeaky dryer... nothing.

Around the house... I want to clean my laundry room this week. I hate when it is a mess.

One of my favorite things... watching my boys play football.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Today I have an appointment with my 7th graders school counselor. A check in kinda thing. Harvest Festival at the school on Friday and Halloween party at church this weekend. So I need to make goodie bags and get to the store to buy 50-60 apples for bobbing for apples. I might even need to make a bunch of cakes for a cake walk.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

IMG_2820

It is probably too big for the column but it is an amazing picture of my oldest son's football team praying before the game. It gives me chills whenever I look at it. With their heads bowed and their arms on each others shoulders. God is Good! Luke is right on the other side of 52, top left of the picture, you can see his profile and his eyes are closed. What a good kid.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Fall and football games...what a great combination!

Maggie Ann said...

You sound cheerfully busy. 82 degrees...wow. Thats only a dream for us now.

Hill upon Hill said...

I do struggle with busyness, church etc. I look forward to hearing how it all works out.

Conne Pursley said...

I knew it was him! This is a great picture!