Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More proof God is on our side

You may have been following our distress about football and missing church and Josh having to miss his first communion on 11/2. I found out about 2 nights ago that Luke's playoff games were changed to 11/1, so it was kind of feeling like maybe it just might work out for communion on 11/2 for Josh... some how some way, but if it didn't I was okay. I was just being still and waiting, mainly because I had accepted that his first communion would have to be postponed. Today I got a call from Josh's coach with the schedule for the remainder of the season... NO TOURNAMENT on 11/2, it was postponed to 11/16. Did you hear me? NO TOURNAMENT on 11/2. The day is completely open and free of football, except for pro football on TV. We can celebrate his communion at church with our church family and have a party afterwards and celebrate this special day for Josh. It is just so wonderful to me that 2 weeks ago I was in tears, complete distress over the thought of the Josh missing his first communion and now about 2 weeks later there are absolutely no conflicts. God does know my heart, He knows my pain and my struggles and He doesn't want that for me or for Josh. Interestingly it felt like he gave us peace over our choices and that it was all okay with his help and then this. I love being a faithful follower of God, I love that I am learning and remembering to lean on Him more.

It will feel so bittersweet to end this football season, so many trials this year, so much joy watching Luke and Josh play. We will soon be able to look at it from a distance and try to listen to God about what his plans for us are for next season. I know to everyone else it seems like such an easy decision, choose church over pop warner .... the decision just isn't that easy, so much to weigh out. We listen to ourselves and our unhappiness over missing so much church and then we feel this pull like we just cannot give up Pop Warner to go back to JAAF (junior all american football), we just cannot imagine it. That feeling has to be coming from somewhere, now to figure out where.

No comments: