Monday, October 27, 2008

Anger

1 Timothy 2:8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

Too bad there aren't more people out there that live by this verse. We see it in football on my oldest son's team all the time. They are 10-13 year olds and it is pretty competative, but I tell you what the real competition is in the stands between the parents. My poor husband was so embarrassed by the mother's on our team that he went and sat with the other team at the last game (I couldn't be there).

My younger son's team has been fairly free of this behavior, but tonight a meeting was called and the coaches were not invited. But they found out about it and went to the meeting. I felt so bad for them, they were being acused of embezzaling funds from fundraisers. I really cannot believe this. This has been a wonderful team, coaching has been great for the most part (a little too much swearing for my liking with 7-9 year olds). John went to this meeting tonight, I was home with my sick baby girl. Anyway, he said there was so much yelling and screaming and horrible accusations amongst the league volunteers and the coaches. It makes me so sad to think that our season was tarished with this kind of anger.

If men (and women) would just pray about all things life would be so much happier. I am so proud that John and I do not live in that kind of drama. Not that we don't have our own quarrels that we need to learn how to deal with anger amongst ourselves, but that we do not embarrass ourselves with the words and actions like the ones displayed tonight, in front of children nonetheless.

We do feel that part of this comes with the area we live, in Southern California, my son says we live in the Ghetto. Usually I think he's over-reacting, but after these examples of un Godly behavior I have to agree with him. He is my spiritually mature child, maybe he sees something I don't see or don't want to see.

No comments: