Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 10/13/2008



For Today...

Outside my Window... It is dark now but today was a windy day with the smell of smoke in the air. I guess it is time for fire season. Watch out Southern California.

I am thinking... that I hope I am not getting the stomach flu.

From the learning rooms... algebra for a 4th grader. Whew, thank goodness I loved algebra.

I am thankful for... A great time in Las Vegas this weekend. It was really cold 55-65 the whole time. Remeber we are still in summer temps here in the SW and 55-65 does feel really cold.


From the kitchen... The smell of air popped popcorn.

I am wearing... A nightshirt with moons and stars all over it.

I am reading... I am between books, I finished Sunset by Karen Kingsbury this weekend.

I am hoping... to get caught up on work over the next 2 days.

I am creating... My Christmas list for the kids.

I am hearing... The sound of my husband and son laughing at a show on TV.

Around the house... Suitcases and duffle bags, pillows and blankets brought in from the suburban after our road trip to Las Vegas.

One of my favorite things... POPCORN.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Hmmm a fundraiser for the preschool at our church tomorrow night... At Shakey's Pizza, nothing until Friday night and Saturday which is football practice and Saturday is also the Harvest Bizarre at church. Football games on Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
IMG_2813

IMG_2755

IMG_2754

A couple of pictures from our trip to Vegas. My ILs were celebrating their 40th anniversary and the whole family went. They renewed their vows at the Graceland Chapel and Elvis officiated. We all dressed appropriate to the 60s, in poodle skirts and all.


"http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/"> Please take a peek at her blog and read some of the daybooks on her list.

No comments: