Friday, October 24, 2008

Favorite Five 10/24



I am so glad I found this on Sandra's http://familycorner.blogspot.com/ site. I like to look back on my week and think about the good things, it helps me to stay positive. Thanks to Susanne http://www.susannesspace.blogspot.com/
for doing this.

1. Topping my list is that I found out the boys football schedule for November and Josh can take his first communion with his class.

2. Josh writing a letter to a soldier this morning. His school is delivering letters to soldiers in Iraq and school supplies to kids. We sent in 2 sets of scissors, pencil sharpeners and rulers.

3. Cooling weather, at least at night. Still in the 90s during the day, but having the windows open at night means no air conditioning during the day.

4. Planning and organizing our church harvest/halloween party.

5. Finishing 2 school projects for kids this week. WHEW!

8 comments:

Susanne said...

Hi Marlayna, thanks for joining in. Nice to have you.

That is such a cool thing that Josh is doing.

I can't believe your weather! Boy, I don't think we've been in the 90's all summer never mind in the fall.

Lana G! said...

What a great list!

I hear you on the 90 degrees! Yikes. I work in California and it was blistering hot yesterday! So glad to be back home in Seattle to the cooler weather - much cooler!

Anonymous said...

That's a great number two! Does Josh have the option of including his address so they can write back? I did that when I was in eighth grade during Op Desert Storm and it was exciting to receive letters back.

Anonymous said...

That's so neat that your kids are writing to soldiers! I am sure that will be a blessing to the receivers. I am loving this cooler weather, too.

ellen b. said...

I am so tired of the heat here in southern California. Give me some fall please! :0)
Glad the schedule worked out for Josh and that his class is doing something kind for the soldiers and kids.
Have a great weekend.

Denise said...

Awesome favs.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

thanks for visiting my blog

all the best to Josh how speical

"Finishing 2 school projects for kids this week." U did them???
or helped them???
Jen

Marlayna said...

Yes, Josh did put our address, hopefully he will hear back from the soldier.

And no I didn't do the project myself, but I have to sit and supervise through it all, they were kinda hard. Plus they like my attention when I do help with things, I rarely sit with them when they are doing their homework... independence you know. ;)