Monday, January 5, 2009

Clean up~clean up~ everyone .... HELP!!

Well I am finally getting around to cleaning up the house. It has been hard to keep clean the last week and a half, first there is wrapping paper and then boxes and twisting things that hold the toy/item in the box and all the cardboard. And everyone has been home for the last week so it seems I can't keep the kitchen cleaned up to save my soul... I guess I will leave that to God.

But today, John is back to work and I asked Courtney to take all the ornaments off the tree, Josh and Luke to take the lights off and then Luke helped me box up the tree and get it back in the closet. Of course in order to do that I have to take almost everything out of the closet to get the tree in the back on the bottom. So the living room is mostly Christmas free, the pictures, lamps and DVR/DVD are back where they belong. But everything is still out of the closet. I can only do so much at a time. I hope to get everything put away by the end of the week.

I had such high hopes for my time off between Christmas and New Years... de holiday decorate my house, wash windows and screens, clean out the holiday storage closet. Nothing got done. I was so tired and had no motivation to do anything. I guess that is why this mess awaits me this week.

I am happy to report that I cleaned out my closet about 3 weeks ago and straightened my room and guess what? It is still clean. Wow what a feeling.

No comments: