Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Some Progress

Well things are coming along in my house. The Christmas decorations are pretty much all put away in the closet under my stairs. We are having a yard sale this weekend so I went through some of the boxes and picked out some things to get rid of. Everything seems to be somewhat organized so I can easily reach my Easter box in a couple of months. Right behind it is the Halloween boxes and then Thanksgiving. My Christmas boxes have an area all to themselves, I have way too much.

I have been thinking about some things to purge out of my life, along with the purging I am doing of our stuff. I have a girl scout leader meeting tomorrow night and I am planning to turn over the reigns. It will be hard, but I just can't do it anymore... nor do I want to, I never did want to, but I just can't say no. I will pray for the words and the strength to do what I need to do and the peace to actually be okay with handing over my book on all the girls which I have put so much pride in. The check book is in order and I am going to look for the supplies I have been storing here to hand over. Keep me in your prayers.


I am also considering giving up MITI (moms intouch international). It is a prayer group that I have been involved in for the last 2 1/2 years. It is the most wonderful group, i have learned so much and the only reason I don't want to give it up is because it is a set time that I pray with another mom for my children. But this other woman and I have lost eachother along our paths. We used to be so close, I credit her for helping me with my walk with God and learning how to pray. But her family quit our church recently, her husband is putting restrictions on her that is making it difficult for us to meet regularly anyway and honestly we feel a little betrayed. Not so much because they left the church but because her husband refuses to return my husband's calls and because things feel different between her and I. I will just work hard to make time for my prayers for the children on my own.



I read a devotional today from Purpose Driven Life and it is about creating margins in my life so I can be more open to God and His plans for my life. So these are two areas that I plan to give up. I think the next thing will be the newsletter for my son's cub scout pack. But I am going to hold off on that for now. I may try to give it up when the cub scout year ends in June.



I encourage all of you to try to have margins in your life. Here is the link if you would like to read it... http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/en-US/FreeTools/devotional/todaysDevo/Devotional.htm?a=2782&z=1

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Marlayna -
I have been going through the same thing - realizing that some things are just not necessary, and in fact, making life just plain harder. Not bad things, but things that distract. Along with this, i have realized that I do these things because I feel I "should". I recently had an a time of acute anxiety, and it stemmed from a variety of areas, but one of those areas was trying to do too much - always being on the run. You know, this society makes busy-ness a badge of honor for women, and that should not be so. I think God will bless you as you simplify things and focus on the things that are priorities. I am currently starting to write about my experience, and so far I have written "Part I". If you wanna take a peek at it, check out my SAHM Blog. Take Care!