Thursday, January 8, 2009

Before or Now?

Ugh, I don't know. I used to be such a quiet timid person. No one heard a peep out of me, quiet as a church mouse. Now I have absolutely no trouble speaking my mind, showing my frustration and making my opinion known. I was definitely not as spiritually mature as I am now so why does it seem like I was a more Christian woman back then, than I am now?

I went to a church meeting tonight on behalf of the youth action team and ... well... it got a little heated. Looking back on it I don't think I did anything that I am embarrassed about. But I do wish that I was known as the quiet sweet little Marlayna that I used to be. I hate being so emotional. Though I have to say I have been working on this for several years and I seem to be better at keeping a lid on that simmering temper of mine much better than say, 5 years ago. Whew!

John thinks God gave me this passion for a reason. That made me feel better, I guess. It might have made me feel better because I am always giving him advise based on spirituality and he never does.

No comments: