Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Things You'll Soon Discover With Your New Baby Girl!

I found this card tonight for my cousin.... Jina if you happen to read this before Saturday, don't go any further.

Anyway, I found the most perfect card for her baby shower. A little history on Jina... She is my very sweet cousin who has been married for 10 years and has spent I think about 7-8 years trying to get pregnant. She finally has a baby growing in her tummy and she informs me that I will see her belly before I see her. How cute is that? She and her husband Mike are going to make the most amazing parents.

The card reads...

Things you'll soon discover with your new baby girl...

That raising your own princess
beats any fairy tale.

That a lot of great big people
can be wrapped around
one tiny finger.

That a toothless smile can light up the world
like instant sunshine.

That watching her sleep
is (sometimes) more satisfying
than finding sleep yourself.

And most of all...
that there's no greater joy than having a little girl
to love.


Doesn't that card just bring tears to your eyes? It did for me.

I can't wait to go to see my parents tomorrow, just me and my mom and dad tomorrow night and all day Friday. Friday morning breakfast with my parents and brother. Mental note to get a picture of the four of us. Then Friday night I will see my cousin Jina and her hubby Mike, her sister Jennifir is coming in from TN whom I cannot wait to see either and my aunt and uncle from TX. A great family reunion. Saturday is Jina's shower and then Saturday night I am back home to my family. I am going to miss them so much and all week they have been telling me how much they will miss me but how happy they are that I get to see my parents. Don't you think it is amazing that my children (6, 9 and 12 y/o) have the mind set to think about that aspect? God thank you for my amazing family.

No comments: