Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today .... September 22nd

Outside my Window... Is a gorgeous day... and I mean gorgeous. I am pretty picky about what is considered gorgeous, but is a clear beautiful 78* day.

From the kitchen... The ants are gone and the kitchen is fairly clean.

From the learning rooms... A 100% on a spelling test for my 1st grader and 4th grader. I am so incredibly proud of both of them. And my 4th grader got student of the month.

I am thankful for... tears. I went to a funeral this morning, I did not know the man, but his daughter's family attends our church. Tears always make me feel better, even when they sometimes are caused by painful memories of my sisters death or thoughts of when it will be one of my parents who I am burrying.

I am wearing... gray sweat capri's and a light blue t-shirt. If felt so good to get out of my black skirt and pink sweater after the funeral.

I am reading... A Thousand Tomorrow's by Karen Kingsbury.

I am hearing... The sound of country music on my radio as I work.

Around the house... is proof of a lived in home with 3 busy children and 2 busy parents. But hey, I do the best I can.

One of my favorite things... is going to my boys football games. I love to watch them play and cheer for them. Even when I have a ball in my gut when the game is a close one.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Gymnastics for Courtney this evening, football practice for the boys, tomorrow is boy scouts for Luke, take my ring in to get the stone fixed AGAIN and Thursday I leave for Arizona to spend a couple of days with my parents without the kids.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

MAKA MAKA1

Since my thoughts are with my sister so much, I found these pictures of the two of us when we were about 3 and 4 or maybe 2 and 3. She is on the left in both pictures. She died 20 years ago when she was 16 years old. I have been calling my daughter Courtney, Karon, on accident recently. I don't even feel like she has been on my mind recently. And even my daughter called my sister in law Aunt Karon last night and she is Aunt Kimberly. How could that happen? I can kind of understand how I could call my daughter Karon, but Courtney messing it up????

Thanks Peggy for helping me to remember the simple things... http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what cute pictures of you and yur sister!

My littl brother has disoowned himself from the family. I miss hom more sme days thanothers. When I am really missing him I will call my oldest son Gavin by my brother's name (erik). Gavin has the exact same personality my brother has.

Hill upon Hill said...

What sadness for you. Tears are good.

Sandra said...

That is such a cute picture :)

I enjoyed reading your daybook :)