Monday, September 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 09/08/2008



Thanks to the Original Simple Woman for doing this. Visit her blog at http://">http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/ for the rules and her thoughts.

For Today...

Outside my Window...It doesn't look hot (but it is), the leaves are rustling in a light breeze and there are streams of white clouds against a beautiful blue sky.

I am thinking...I wonder if I will get results faster if I do sit ups more than once a day.

From the learning rooms...spelling words galore.

I am thankful... that my middle son got his room almost completely clean, closet is mostly done and that he is such a good boy.

From the kitchen... cleanness for a change.

I am wearing...blue denim shorts and a yellow t-shirt and bare feet.

I am reading... The Power of a Praying Parent.

I am hoping... we find out my boys football game schedules for the rest of the season soon, I am a serious planner and can't seem to relax about this.

I am creating... a cross stitch picture of a black, chocolate and yellow lab.

I am hearing... the sound of country music.

Around the house... are ants, ants and more ants. I can't wait for the heat to go away.

One of my favorite things... a fun day at the beach with my family.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...gymnastics this afternoon with Courtney, football practice and games for the boys and a youth group fundraiser at Jose's Mexican restaraunt where I hope to run into all of our friends and have dinner together. Boy Scouts for Luke and hopefully a relaxing couple of days for Josh in the middle of the week. He's not adjusting well to all the school work in 4th grade.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

IMG_2433a
A picture of my family walking in front of me. I love that my husband is holding our little girl's hand and walking with his other arm draped over our oldest son's shoulder. In front of them is our middle son walking with a friend. To me the affection is completely obvious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture! My husband is like with my boys, too. they are 12,13,15.

My kitchen hopes to get cleaned today. I might oblige it.

flmom said...

I hear you on the ants - our yard is full of ant mounds! Thanks for the reminder on the book ... I need to pull that one off the bookshelf to re-read. Have a wonderful day!