Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 09/16/2008


http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

For Today...

Outside my Window... It is bright and sunny and very hot!

From the learning rooms... The kids will probably have a "hot day", kinda like snow days, but when it is over 100 they don't go out for recess.

From the kitchen... Roaming ants all over the counter. I don't know what else to do, I spray and spray where they are coming in and they make it through after it dries.

I am reading... A thousand tomorrows by Karen Kingsbury.

I am hoping...to be productive at work this week.

I am hearing...country music.

Around the house... Lots of laundry. We cleaned out our camper and all the blankets, jackets, bedding came in to be washed and it is throwing me all off.

One of my favorite things...Hearing my children play together.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...A fairly easy week, football practice and football pictures for the boys, Brownies for Courtney... but none of that until Friday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

IMG_2013

My first real sewing project. I cross stitched a camping sampler and made it in to a pillow for my husband. This isn't the finished project, of course, but I was so excited to have gotten this far with very little sewing machine experience and no pattern for the pillow part. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlayna,

To kill ants, try mixing Borax with powdered sugar and put it along the areas where you see the ants coming in. They will take it back to their nest and eat it and die. It is not good for kids or pets to eat so make sure they can't get into it. Good luck.

Sandra said...

I have the same problem with ants, they're driving me insane.

I think I'll try Kathy's suggestion too.