Sunday, September 7, 2008

I thought God would work it out.

I really believe there is a plan for us all and God knows what he is doing. We signed our boys up for Pop Warner football against our better judgment of playing games on Sundays. It is a much better league for us compared to the other league in town. We had such a horrible season last year. Anyway, we thought God will work it out for us. It isn't working out perfect... okay... doable... but not perfect. Next week we can make it to church but will have to race home right after church, get on football gear and leave within 15 minutes or so.... to travel 45-60 minutes away for game 1 and somehow get kid #2 to his game 20 minutes from there. It will all work out and we will get home in time for Luke to make it to confirmation Sunday evening. But today we had a youth kick off event at church and Josh's game was throughout the whole party. Thankfully his game was home and by half time they were up 19-0 so Luke Courtney and I left at half time to go to the party. I am on the planning committe for youth events so it was important. Next weekend is our first children's worship service. We decided to do a service totally geared towards kids once a month during the sunday school hour. Well I will have to miss next week. I am so disappointed because we have so many fun things planned. The kids are missing Sunday School most if not all weeks and Luke's is doing a series called Grapple that I think is going to be so wonderful. And I am nearly positive we will miss the church picnic this year, unless both boys are playing at home in the morning. The most important one though is Josh's first communion is on 11/2 and I am so afraid we will have to miss football to do this.... most definitely this is more important, but I just hope we don't have to make the choice. I think I will feel so much better when the whole schedule comes out, they only have the first few weeks figured out right now. I am just on pins and needles about this. Next year will be a hard decision for us.... a league we don't like that plays on Saturdays or a league we like that plays on Sundays. And it is so expensive, we really need to put aside about $500 per kid, and Courtney will cheer next year, so that makes $1500. Anyway, this is a good test for me. It has been frustrating. I need to work this week, on relying on God to work it out the way it is supposed to work out and to accepting whatever comes our way and finding peace with what God has given us.

No comments: