Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SCHOOL!

School has hit in full force. Wowza! The boys still have football practice from 6-8 pm M-F so keep that in mind when I talk about homework.

Courtney's isn't too bad. She was given a project last Thursday, an all about me poster that is due this Friday. We finished it yesterday so she turned it in today. It was so adorable, I wish I had taken a photo of it. She needed to write 3 wishes: 1. I wish I was old enough to be in the Olympics. 2. I wish my grandma and grandpa lived in California. 3. I wish my room didn't get messy so easy. (Me too baby!) She had to draw a picture of something she doesn't like, she drew a picture of a spider. (Me too baby!) She drew a picture of herself as a singer in the spot where she was supposed to draw what she wants to be when she grows up. She is on her way, she has a beautiful voice already at 6 years old. She was given a normal homework load for a first grader on Monday. A packet of papers to be turned in on Friday.

Josh on the other hand is the one that is swamped. Last Thursday he was given a project to do that was due today. We didn't spend enough time on it on Saturday and we were gone from 7:30 am to 7:00 pm on Sunday. It was a collage of things in California. Then he was assigned another project on Friday that is due tomorrow. It is basically a Newspaper about him. Who his hero is, he chose his dad. He had to write articles about things in his life, etc. Plus he has had about 45 min-1 hour of regular daily homework. And today he brought home this awful word search. He spent about 30 minutes on it and found 2 words, I spent about 1 1/2 hours on it and found about 10 and John finished it after spending about 45 min on it. Crazy! Today, including the word search, had he done it on his own, he had 4 1/2 hours of homework... IN FOURTH GRADE. I remember when Luke was in fourth grade, I always and still do think it is the most academically intense grade so far.

I am so pleased with Luke's attitude, his classes, etc this year. Big turn around from last year. 6th grade was horrible. He spends 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day on homework.

Did you forget we have football 2 hours every night? We are all so exhausted and cranky. My house has not been fun this week. But we had a ray of light tonight when we heard that Friday there is no practice because we have scrimmage games (said gameS) on Saturday. Between the 2 boys we have to be at the park from 9:30 am to about 4 pm. It is supposed to be 95*.

Okay there is my complaining. I do remember through it all that God only gives us what He knows we can handle. We just have to have faith in Him... rely on Him. He knows us better than we know ourselves.

No comments: