Thursday, August 21, 2008

A prayer for my children...

"Help my child to see that what makes a person truly attractive is Your Holy Spirit living in him/her and radiating outward. May he/she come to understand that true attractiveness begins in the heart of one who loves God."

This is a prayer from a calendar of mine and it really touched me. I want people to know my children believe in God because of the kind of people they are. What a wonderful prayer.

We had Back To School Night tonight and when I introduced myself to Josh's teacher she got such a delightful smile on her face. The opinion she has of my son after 1 week of school was written all over her face. What a great feeling.

I also got a chance to talk to Courtney's teacher, the opportunity to talk about Courtney specifically was presented and it amazed me how many stories she had to tell about Courtney after a week of school. She walked around the room and told me the stories like they were happening. How does a teacher of 20ish new students have the memory to repeat Courtney's words from what I believe is probably almost word for word because I can hear Courtney voice saying what her teacher was sharing with me.

God Blessed Josh and Courtney with 2 teachers that I think are going to be perfect for them. And I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to meet their teachers tonight and have my heart overflow with happiness. I needed that after such a hard first week back to school. Thank you God!

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

It is such a relief when teachers are lovely. We too have lovely teachers for both our children. It is nice to be able to 'trust' them.