Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Does 1 - 4 - 7 mean anything to you?

To me it means I have a first grader, 4th grader and 7th grader. I have been looking ahead lately and thinking about 2 years down the line when I will have 1 in elementary, 1 in middle school and 1 in high school. EEK. Okay Marlayna, stay in the here and now.

I got a couple of pictures this morning that didn't turn out too great, but here they are to document the first day of school in 2008.

IMG_2457 IMG_2455 IMG_2456

IMG_2453

The house was quiet. I have been waiting for this for a week, but when it was here I felt kinda teary. That is done though and looking forward to tomorrow when I don't have to work until 11 am and have the morning to grocery shop and then come home and watch some Olympics. I think God gives us school to give us mom's a little break once in a while to recharge.

3 comments:

Busybugz said...

Beautiful, beautiful children you have there, Marlayna. You are so blessed and yes, do enjoy whatever "me" time you can get. You deserve it! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see they are smiling ;)Enjoy your "me" time and be all means enjoy the children while they are still in your care, they grow so fast.

Julie said...

What sweet "first day" pics. You have beautiful & happy children. That is one of the few things I feel a little left-out on...by homeschooling I don't get to experience sending my baby off to her first day of K and those 1st-day pics. I also miss-out on the wonderful quiet me-time! All the schools around here started yesterday, we won't start til after labor day.