Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping

We went camping this weekend. First time this summer and I can't believe it. We love it every time. The kids were awesome, I was proud them all weekend. They were not irritable with eachother. We played games, went on hikes, relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful mountains. We went with Josh's cub scout pack, only about 40 people went, but it was still nice to be with people we know and visit, etc. Bare with me and all the pictures.

Josh and his cub scout jacket and patches.
IMG_2412

The boys playing Uno.
IMG_2432

Several years ago the cubmaster asked John to do a religious ceremony on Sunday mornings on our camp outs. It is called "Scouts Own". Here is John and Luke doing the service.
IMG_2430

And a picture of our group, or the ones who attended the service anyway.
IMG_2431

We went on a walk with some of the others and I just loved walking behind this. I think it is such a loving picture of a dad holding his daughter's hand on one side and his arm draped over his son on this other side.
IMG_2433

We walked to this gigantic pine tree that had needles shaved off it all the way up the center of the tree and the kids all climbed up. Well not Courtney, I let her climb a couple of branches, but the boys were up about 30 feet.... OI! They are towards the top, you can't really see them, they are wearing earthy tone colors... and don't worry the red shirt towards the bottom isn't Courtney.
IMG_2442
And a close up.
IMG_2441

IMG_2439 IMG_2440
I never thought I would be one to love the outdoors, but I love the relaxation, getting away from home, cooking outside, sitting by the campfire. We go again Labor Day weekend with 8 other families from church, to the mountains again. Our pastor is going along this time and we will have a church service and pot luck meal on Sunday. What a way to celebrate God and all His glory, surrounded by His goodness, with our church family.

4 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

What a lovely time together.

Theresa said...

That looks like the perfect weekend!!! I love the picture with John, Courtney and LUke.

Kendra said...

What a great trip! I think that's so awesome that John takes the role of spiritual leader for the troop. What an AWESOME example for your family!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Fun! Our family has only been on one camping trip so far, but I think it will become something we do more often. Great together time, time outdoors, all makes me feel closer to God, too.