Monday, February 16, 2009

Luke is 13!

It is so hard to believe I have a teenager..... 13 years old. He is such a good kid, he believes and lives for God, he is smart, good looking, funny... oh my goodness he is funny. And he is everything I ever dreamed he would be. I remember when I was pregnant with him, we decided not to find out what we were having and I just really wanted a boy. When I was a little girl I always wished I had an older brother to look out for me, I was the oldest, and so my first child had to be a boy. I wanted him to be big and strong and athletic and good looking and a good boy, someone who didn't tease and make fun of other people and was still respected. I wanted him to be well liked by everyone because he was kind and smart and strong. He is all of that and even more, he is so in tune with his spirituality. I didn't really think about that part of it when I was dreaming about who he would be as he grew up, but I couldn't be more pleased with this. He prays at school at lunch time, he will take an F on a test on the Islamic religion because it isn't right that he has to learn that in school but he can't learn about about God at school (we have had a talk about the power of knowledge and grades since then, by the way). He goes to church and participates as an acolyte, goes to confirmation every Sunday night, will spend a Saturday with 500 other teenagers learning about abstinence. He is a good boy and I couldn't be more proud of him....

Happy 13th Birthday Luke, you are my dream first child and so much more than I ever dreamt you would be.


2 comments:

Liz said...

Sweet!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday Luke! What an exceptional young man you've raised!! I have many of the same hopes for Brandon :o)