Sunday, February 15, 2009

More thoughts about Karon

Well, Valentine's came and went, but not without a thought about my sister. She died 21 years ago this Valentine's day and while I didn't go through the day reliving that horrible day, I thought of her.... between feverish naps and rib aching coughing fits. My dad came to visit this year. He retired about a month ago and it was nice having him here. Very relaxing and he didn't once say, I hope I don't get sick now... he didn't leave early like he might have a year ago. He went out to Costco with Josh to pick up a few things and brought me back a dozen roses. What a dad!

Anyway, memories of Karon are always with me, little slips of the tongue when I accidently call Courtney...Karon, shed tears when I think of all the things we missed together. But this year, I am feeling thankful that I had her in my life at all. She has been gone so long, she may as well not have been part of my life, but that is not how I am feeling. Better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all. Thank you God, for giving me my sister, even for just 16 years. Some day I will hold her in my arms and cry with her for all we missed and all we will still have together in heaven.

No comments: