Sunday, February 1, 2009

I am completely drained

Well today did not go so well. We had this plan for a super bowl party, nothing big, but for the kids it was...for 2 reasons. First, they each got to invite friends over to watch the game and second, our team was going to the super bowl. The Arizona Cardinals, who probably never should have made it past the first round of the play offs, according to sports announcers. We let them all (Courtney too) wear Arizona Cardinals jersey's to church, which we would normally never let them do. So it started out, Josh's best friend was 15 minutes late, when he showed up his dad said that the family was over celebrating his birthday could Josh go back with them and have cake and they will bring the boys back here by half time. Josh thought... okay that is fine. So, fast forward to the end. The Cardinals DIDN'T win and Josh didn't get home until after the game was over. He was completely crushed, cried.... literally cried for hours... that his team didn't win and that he didn't get to be at our super bowl party. AND according to him "the kids at school are brutal, they are all rootin for the Steelers". Both he and Luke were crushed and are completely dreading school tomorrow. Can I just let them stay home? Oh my goodness, my heart is completely broken for them, especially Josh. Luke is strong enough to handle the kids, but Josh is still pretty timid and I just want to protect him. I want to let him stay home, or I want to call his teacher and tell her to watch out for him. I prayed and begged God to help the other kids be... not so mean, I prayed that He help Josh be strong tomorrrow, something to help the day not be so bad. That tomorrow morning he wakes up and doesn't remember that "today was the worst day of his life" (those are his words). So he's been in bed an hour now and I am still crying for him.

No comments: