Tuesday, July 22, 2008

They are almost home.

I feel like I haven't seen my kids in a month. Luke and Josh were in Arizona with my parents for a week and then Luke came home last Friday and Courtney went to their house and so she has been there for 4 days and Josh now has been gone for 11 days. Sunday Luke left and went to Boy Scout camp for a week. But Josh and Courtney are coming home tomorrow night and Luke is coming home Friday night. Hmmm sounds a lot like a juggling act, doesn't it? Just so you know, it feels like one too.

I know that God put me on this earth to be a mom, I love it and I love being a mom who is raising her kids centered around God. I love the mom that God helps me to be. I am not perfect and make mistakes, but I think for the most part I do right by them. I started praying with a friend of mine who follows a prayer group format called MITI (mom's intouch international) and it has changed everything for me. What a wonderful gift to exchange with our Father, conversation with him. I have learned the importance of thanking him for my blessings and then leaning on Him when I need to.

The other night, about a week ago, my mom told me she was taking the boys to this place in Sedona, AZ called Slide Rock. It is basically a state park where there is a creek that runs through the beautiful red rock where it is so smoothed over that it is used to slide down.

Here is a picture of Sedona


Aren't the red rocks spectacular? I am not sure this is exactly where sliding happens but I thought this picture showed how beautiful Sedona is and how smooth the rocks look.

Anyway, the night before they were to go I was so anxious about it. I thanked God for having parents who were so wonderful to my children and who love my children so much. And I prayed that the next day was not the day that I would lose one of the boys or my mom (my dad wasn't going). I am a big believer in God's plan and have faith that he would get me through whatever happens in my life. But also I am human and scared of losing one of my loved ones.

I did everything I could, the day they were going to Slide Rock, to not call and check on them. I knew I had to have faith in my God. I called that night and it turns out they got up there and the park was closed because the bacteria levels in the water were too high. I couldn't help but wonder if it was an answered prayer.

Kinda late, but I think that Mother's Day should be a day that we are thankful for being mother's, not for our children and husbands to thank us for what we do and who we are. Well, maybe it could go both ways. :)

2 comments:

Daiquiri said...

Oh, this is such a hard one for me! I really have to work hard to not sit and stew in my worry and anxiety. It almost hurts to love so deeply, you know? I look forward to Heaven, where we will be free to love with all we are AND with no worry that it will somehow end. This post made me think...thanks!

And thanks for stopping by earlier and leaving a comment. It's sure nice to meet you :)

Heather said...

I loved reading your thoughts Marz. I noticed your blog link in a post from you and thought I'd check it out.

I have those same exact thoughts when I'm not with my kids and pray daily that they'll come home to me safely. Yes, we do trust in God's will but we're still moms. :)

Love to you.