Sunday, July 27, 2008

Are you ready for some football!??!?!?!?!?!

Well my boys are! It is really unbelieveable how intense Pop Warner football is. This is Luke's second year and Josh's first. Not sure they are really looking forward to conditioning, but they both seem excited to get their pads and have been practicing with John every night. August is going to hold practice M-F from 6-8 pm. It is a tough schedule...physically for the boys, but also because school starts on Aug 13, so they will have to be disciplined to get homework and chores done before practice. Particularly hard for Luke as he doesn't get home from school until almost 4. But after Labor Day regular season starts and they will practice 3 times a week.

Luke eats, sleeps and drinks football and hopes to play quarterback this year.
IMG_2340

Josh has been practicing center and the coaches really seem to think he's an animal. Can't picture that about my gorgeous blue-eyed little boy. But it makes me proud.
IMG_2353

And even Courtney is excited about football season and had to get in on the photo session.
IMG_2352

I feel like God has put the love of football in the hearts of all 5 of us. He definitely knew what He was doing when he chose all of us to be a family here on earth. I am thankful that my boys have something they really love to do and work hard for. Now I pray for a safe season for them and that God helps us all manage our time, and our patience to get through the next 4 months.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I had to comment on your last line about asking God to help you manage your time! Yes - that is a worthy prayer, and I better do it too, cuz soccer season will soon be upon my family as well! I was raised with only one sister, and my dad wasn't into sports. But now I have two sons and I find myself watching Nascar, riding off road vehicles in the desert, and surrendering every Saturday to AYSO soccer games in the fall! (we say AYSO stands for "All Your Saturday, Occupied")
But I love it, even though sometimes I think I don't! In one week, school will begin and soccer will get underway, so yes, Lord, please help us sports moms to manage our time so that we aren't cranky and overwhelmed! Amen!

Daiquiri said...

Look at those little men! Man, I can hardly fathom my boys playing football. Will they ever NOT be babies in my eyes?

You sure have beautiful kiddos :)

Thanks for stopping by earlier, I really enjoyed hearing from you.